A Voice for your Vote in State and Local Politics

Fear, intimidation and violence from illegal immigrants keep Americans indoors and from speaking out. The Tea Party opens the door for free speech once again.

“I do think at a certain point you’ve made enough money” President Obama



Friday, May 14, 2010

Why this average American is joining Tea Party Nation by Constance J. Tobey

Why this average American is joining Tea Party NationPosted by Constance J. Tobey


View Constance J. Tobey's blog
Aside from participating in every national election since I was old enough to vote, I have not been what you would call politically active. Recently I registered with Tea Party Nation, and am using my vacation to attend the Tea Party Unity Convention in Las Vegas. I do not care for Las Vegas, especially in July, when the heat is unbelievable. I shall try to bear up in my air-conditioned suite. This blog post is for all the quiet, hard-working Americans who are trying to keep their country from being sold out from underneath them. See you in Las Vegas.


WHY I AM JOINING THE TEA PARTY MOVEMENT

by Constance Tobey


I am joining the Tea Party Movement because I believe Mark Twain, who said,"Patriotism is supporting your country all of the time, and your government when it deserves it." I think this government is taking a path that will lead to much unhappiness and suffering for it's citizens. How can I remain silent?


I am joining because of my 87-year-old mother, who every week out of her hard-earned savings writes checks for the poor in Haiti, the local homeless shelter, and many others in need. I want her to be able to send her money where it is most needed, not have it taken away from her and wasted in huge, soulless government programs.


I am joining because of the eighth-graders in the school where I work who will in a week's time be visiting Gettysburg, Arlington, and the monuments in Washington to a freedom loving people who have given everything that we might enjoy its benefits. I want those students to have the same good life in a free republic that I have had.


I am joining because of my family, some of whom were native Americans, and some of whom have lived here since the mid 1600's. I am descended from a person who built fast clipper ships, another who was a U.S. senator and in the 1950's wrote a book about the need for Americans to return to moral behavior. Would that we had listened. Mostly, I am descended from a long line of people who worked hard, worshipped their God, took care of the families and neighbors, shouldered their responsibilities and helped to make our country a place of which to be proud. I don't want to let them down.


I am joining because I am a Christian and my religion is under attack by the very people who should be defending my right to practice it. I owe it to those who have suffered because they had the courage to stand up for their faith.


I am joining because of the men and women in military service who are putting themselves in extreme danger and who have left their lives behind for my sake. They deserve a country that is 100% behind them.


I am joining because speaking out is my right. In a free republic a dissenting opinion may be heard. Intimidation, hatred, and violence are not used to silence those who would speak their conscience. I do not support those who would use them. I will stand up against them.


I am joining because of the example set by George Washington, Thomas Jefferson, John Adams, Abraham Lincoln, and all the patriots before me. I want to be able to say I preserved the Constitution, the union, and my country to the best of my ability.


I am joining the Tea Party Movement because I believe good Americans want the truth to prevail, and want us to live for freedom for the generations that come after us. I know that we can change our direction. I believe this because, again in the words of Mark Twain, " An American is a person who does things because they haven't been done before."

No comments:

Post a Comment